Please transfer the course fee to:
Bank Standard Chartered Bank
Account Type Current Account
Account Number 01-0-515163-7
Swift Code SCBLSG 22XXX
The risk of financial statements misinterpretation is high if one is not equipped with basic accounting knowledge; of which wrong operational and/or management decision making might be made which subsequently resulted into resource wastages for the company in the short run and jeopardize its continuity in the long run.
Our working environment today has evolved with the sensitivity of cost behavior where end state of stake-holders objective is to optimize its scare resource.
This course teaches fundamental Accounting Principles & Cost Behavior together with illustration.
Participants will be shown step-by-step examples with double entries impacting the respective journal. Thereafter, there will be hand on exercises with answer provided after the sharing session.
- Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic Accounting Equation and the nature of each equation elements.
- Able to differentiate between Financial Statement required by ACRA and Internal Management.
- Able to acquire the knowledge on ACRA Compliance requirement such as XBRL Filing, Annual General Meeting and Annual Return Deadline etc.
- Able to acquire the knowledge on IRAS Compliance requirement such as Estimated Chargeable Income (ECI) and Annual Tax Return Submission Deadline etc.
- Understand the various type of knowledge Management within Accountancy such as Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Cost Accounting, Taxation as well as External/ Internal Audit etc.
- Learn how to prepare a Cash-flow statement & Cost statement (Marginal & Absorption) and henceforth appreciate the relationship between Cash and Profit.
Non-Finance professionals (such as Sale, IT & Logistic professionals) who wish to understand accounting fundamentals (both Financial & Costing) before moving on to analyzing financial reports so as to value-add to their own department and the Company.
a. Types of Financial Statements (FS)
- Corporate Accounts
- Management Accounts
- Cost Accounts (Marginal Vs Absorption)
b. Introduction to Balance Sheet (B/S)
- Asset (Fixed & Current)
- Liabilities (Fixed & Current)
c. Introduction to Profit & Loss Statement (P/L)
- Other Income
d. Relationship between B/S and P/L
e. Difference between Trading and Manufacturing Accounts
- Matching Principles
- Recognition of Incomes and Expenses
- Accrual & Prepaid Concept
f. Fundamental Accounting Principles
g. How transaction flows within the FS
h. Recording & relevance of common financial adjustments at year end
i. Compliance Deadlines imposed by ACRA and IRAS
j. Importance of FS for Annual Return & how it affect a business continuity
k. Relating to real life business situation, i.e. how FS shape and influence strategic decision making & planning. Example using Financial Ratios & Cost-Volume-Profit (CVP) model Analysis