Please transfer the course fee to:
Bank Standard Chartered Bank
Account Type Current Account
Account Number 01-0-515163-7
Swift Code SCBLSG 22XXX
As Singapore aims to be a leading global accountancy hub for the Asia-Pacific region by 2020, the demand for Accountancy courses/ workshops has since grown significantly.
In tandem with the increasing interest in Accountancy career, it is crucial to formulate foundation course which is robust, henceforth setting a solid platform for subsequent advancement to fundamental and professional course.
Participants will go through lectures, group discussions, Q&A sessions and class exercises.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to;
- Develop an understanding of the framework of accounting and this include the Accounting Equation and the essential components such as Asset, Liability, Equity, Revenue & Expense
- Be able to understand the difference between Accrual and Cash basis accounting
- Be able to understand Accounting Principles such as Matching Principle
- Be able to prepare Double Entry for the purpose of recording business transaction
- Be able to understand the difference between Inventory Periodic System and Perpetual System
- Be able to prepare Financial Statements namely Profit & Loss Statement and Balance Sheet
- Be able to prepare Cash Flow Statement
- Be able to do simple analytical deduction and conclusion from the Financial Statements
Inspired individuals who don’t have any previous basic accounting knowledge and/or qualification.
Account assistants/ trainee account executives whom wish to further strengthen on their accounting knowledge so as to provide a good foundation for advancing to executive/ junior accountant related role.
1) What is Accountancy?
2) Introduction to Financial Accounting
3) Introduction to Accounting Equation
4) Introduction to Asset
5) Introduction to Liability
6) Introduction to Equity and Drawing by Owner
7) Introduction to Revenue and Other Income
8) Introduction to Expense
9) Double Entry (Debit and Credit)
10) Cash Vs Accrual Accounting
11) Introduction to Accrued Expense and Prepaid Expense
12) Introduction to Accrued Revenue and Revenue Received In Advance
13) Introduction to Trial Balance & Chart of Account
14) Introduction to Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet
15) Introduction to Accounting Principles@ Matching Principle
16) Introduction to Inventory Accounting
17) Introduction to Periodic System & Perpetual System
18) Introduction to Cash Flow Statement (Direct & Indirect Method)
19) Steps to construct a simple full set of account/ Financial Statements
20) Simple analytical skills (Fact, Deduction, Conclusion) from the Financial Statements