Please transfer the course fee to:
Bank Standard Chartered Bank
Account Type Current Account
Account Number 01-0-515163-7
Swift Code SCBLSG 22XXX
The workplace is full of challenging bosses, colleagues, and customers. There are traps for the unwary at every turn. Sensitive subjects and prickly personalities can challenge anyone. It really is a jungle out there! And it is critical to your career to learn how to deal with these difficult people and challenging situations.
“Crocodile Hunter” Steve Irwin was able to successfully handle a wide range of creatures in the wild. What was the secret of his success? He did not expect them to change their nature. Instead, he approached each one on its own terms, seeking to understand and willing to be flexible. The same principles apply to the denizens of the Human Zoo!
When confronted with a challenging personality or situation, most people will either avoid, confront, or concede rather than engage constructively. This workshop will prepare you to respond intelligently rather than react emotionally. It will help you change your attitude and behavior, transform your relationships, and not waste time trying to change others.
In this intensive, one day workshop participants will gain the knowledge, skills, techniques, and attitude to successfully manage challenging people and relationships in the workplace and in their personal lives.
Who should attend:
This workshop is suitable for anyone, but is especially useful for managers, supervisors, sales professionals, business development executives, lawyers, accounting and financial professionals, engineers and IT professionals, entrepreneurs, front line and customer service staff, and administrative staff.
- Rules of the Zoo: Principles of conflict resolution
If I Could Talk to the Animals
- Choosing the right words: Lightning and lightning bugs
- Tone it down
- The Pointed Why?
- The Pygmalion Effect
- Communicating without words
- The essence of rapport
A Field Guide to the Birds: Dealing with Difficult Personalities and Styles
- Identifying the Birds
- Care and Feeding of the Birds
- An Exercise in Acceptance
Dealing with Challenging People
Care and Feeding of a Challenging Boss
- The micromanager
- The invisible man
- The egomaniac
- Multipliers vs. Diminishers
The Art of the Compliment
- Understand the basic principles of conflict resolution
- Choose the right words and tone
- Understand what is not being said
- Create a work environment that minimizes the potential for conflict
- Change your attitude and change the relationship
- Identify four types of personality and how to communicate with each
- Recognize three types of challenging people and how to deal with each type
- How to work with a challenging boss
- Identify and work with multipliers and diminishers
- Learn strategies for dealing with other types of difficult and annoying people
- Give praise and compliments easily
- Presentation and discussion
- Interactive sessions
- Case studies
- Role plays
- Individual exercises
- Group activities
Buffet lunch, tea breaks, workbook, full-color laminated reference guide, and certificate.